What is the Government, Nonprofit, & Law Industry?
For those who believe in serving the public and resolving the needs of the community, you will find a plethora of opportunities in this field of work. Explore below to learn more about the duties and how you might express those to an employer, who might hire you, and all kinds of related resources!
Sample Résumé Language
|Argument Construction||Argue on behalf of your clients or cause using clearly articulated facts and prepared supporting documents/research|
|Interpreting Laws||Understand, interpret, and articulate laws, rules, and regulations for individuals and businesses|
|Fundraising||Raise money through fundraising events and campaigns to support causes and operations|
|Public Communications||Share information with the public, your community or clients, via written publications and informal and formal speaking events|
Top Job Boards
- USA Jobs | Features Federal careers.
- Cal Careers | Search for California state employee jobs.
- Cal Nonprofits | Find nonprofit opportunities in California.
- Idealist | Offers a variety of nonprofit and volunteer work.
- CareerShift | An exclusive job search platform for students.