This internship opportunity is being offered on a virtual basis. Remote ready for the full 2022/2023 academic year!
Production Assistant Position
We are a youth sports broadcast network looking for a Production Assistant Candidate. This is an exciting opportunity to give you experience in broadcast production, marketing, internet and television broadcast distribution, and community engagement while also boosting your resume. You will work directly with the networks’ producer while receiving exposure to many aspects of the Kids Sports News Network mission. We would like to offer students the opportunity to test a future career in production, without committing, to determine if it is a career path that is satisfying, while applying skills they have mastered in the classroom in a “real world” setting.
As a Production Assistant duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Learn how to use industry-standard video cameras and editing software
• In-house or field research
• Assisting production crews on shoots
• Scheduling & booking talent and crews
• Communication with youth sports organizations, corporate and industry partners, television stations, general media and anything else the producer may assign to you.
• Knowledge of social media tools.
• Good writing and communication skills.
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Tech and computer savvy.
• Must be dependable, punctual and resourceful.
• Must have a professional attitude and appearance.
• Hours are flexible.
• Must have access to transportation
• Sports background a plus
• Invaluable experience in broadcast production.
• Great resume-building experience/opportunity.
• Exposure to high profile broadcast industry professionals, organizations and brands connected to the youth sports industry.
Hours: Flexible, average 10 to 20 hours per week
Compensation: Non paid work experience opportunity-Academic credit available
Starting Date: Flexible. Immediate. Assessment before the official start date
Location: Southern California
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with links to samples of any production work you would like to share with us.